Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Almost Christmas

My favorite time of year is here! I'm kind of a kid about it...I love the music, lights, decorations, food, time spent with family and reflecting on how God came to earth as a little baby.

This year I have the privilege of watching CBear experience Christmas for the first time (well, she experienced it last year but didn't care much). I love reading the Christmas story to her and hearing her point to the picture excitedly, "Baby Jesus!" which comes out more like, "B.B. Deezus!" It makes me laugh how she has become obsessed with snowmen and literally has to go see our neighbor's...ahem...festive Christmas display of lights and blow-up snowmen and Santa EVERY night. She likes when I sing Christmas carols (and not too well, I might add, but she still says, "More songs!"). And I'm *trying* to be patient when she can't leave our tree the heck alone. She thinks it's hilarious to take decorations off and then run through the house when I tell her to put them back.

I can't wait until Jellybean is old enough to join in the fun. For now, she just gives CBear, daddy and me gummy smiles while we enjoy this special time of year together. Amid all the busyness of the holiday season, may we all slow down and see Christmas through the eyes of a child!

No comments:

Post a Comment