Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas recap

We survived Christmas! The whole weekend went by way too fast. We had good times with extended family, friends and with our own little family.

CBear and Jellybean don't care much about presents but were still spoiled by grandparents and various other family members. I really enjoyed watching CBear open the presents daddy and I picked out for her. After all the mayhem we cleaned out some old toys and are slowly phasing in the new ones. I told her I was making room for new toys and so now CBear walks around pointing out, "new twize! New twize!" Her favorite seems to be the little shopping cart we gave her; she wheels it all over the house loading it up with goodies. She's also enjoying her new Dr. Seuss books, bringing them to us and demanding, "read dis!" Jellybean doesn't have a favorite toy yet but I was excited to get her her first Bible. I've been having a lot of fun with the Mega Bloks and Aquadoodle. :)

I'm always a little sad when Christmas is over, however it is nice to take all the decorations down, do some deep cleaning and get the house back in order. We took the tree down during one of Claire's naps (we told her this would happen and she told it bye-bye). When she woke up she wanted to know, "where tree go? Snowman?" But after a few minutes she found some "new twize" and was happy again. As for me, I'm kind of glad to have life back to normal and not have to chase down Christmas ornaments all day long. Until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment